Photo of a Sales Rep Calculator & Typewriter Class at the Remington Rand National Sales Training Institute, FI Club, Oct. 1949 Gift included letters from donor’s father to her mother describing his life in the program. Donated by Kim Malley
Untitled folk-art sculpture of crab created by master carpenter and artist Tim Cromarty. This artwork, assembled from found objects, won first prize in the 63rd Annual Mystic Outdoor Art Festival, 2021, in the Sculpture category. It includes sections salvaged from Fishers Island house renovations, and driftwood from beaches. 31”H x 47.25”W x 2.25”D. Donated
On April 8, 2020, a crew from Race Rock Garden Company replaced a diseased Sugar Maple with an American Sweet Gum (Liquidambar styraciflua) that was generously donated by John and Libby Winthrop of Charleston, South Carolina. We are looking forward to a proper ceremony honoring the donors and our new tree when such
Albert F. Greene’s fireman’s uniform (jacket) circa 1930 with brass HDLIS (Harbor Defenses of Long Island Sound) Fire Dept. pin was donated to the Museum by Sharon Park. This uniform was originally worn to provide Mr. Greene cover while smuggling alcohol between Fishers Island, N.Y. and Lord’s Point, Stonington, Conn., during Prohibition.
"A New Map of Connecticut from the Best Authorities", published 1799 was donated by Vicki and Pierce Rafferty. Also donated were: Map of Rhode Island and Connecticut. published 1796; Fishers Island Sportsmen’s Club, Inc. “POSTED” sign issued when Morgan S. Reichner was secretary; advertisement promoting tour of violinist Efrem Zimbalist, detached page from October
This Southold Town Police badge No. 7 (pinback), circa 1960 was donated by Ann Banks along with a group portrait of FIFD Drill Team No. 1., circa 1930s. (The badge was worn by Stanley “Stich” Kowalszyk, who was the crossing guard at the second F.I. School on Montauk Ave.)
In December 2017, the Museum received a generous five-year grant from the Jeanann Gray Dunlap Foundation to make the Museum’s collections more interactive and accessible for its members and visitors. In 2018, the first year of the grant, the Museum chose several thousand images and hundreds of historical documents from our archives that were